Good News Fellas! mw2 dev error 657 in Warzone 2, error can be resolved by repairing the game file or updating the Windows Operating systemThis error is quite annoying as it occurs when you are trying to join the game or even when you are in the lobby with your friends.
But, let me tell you, this is quite a common issue in Warzone 2 that will interrupt you while playing the game and so luckily there is a complete solution available when you know the cause in detail!So, let’s get started!
What causes this error?
Warzone Mw2 dev error 657 is very common and people are looking for the best solution to fix it. But before funding the fixes, we should know the actual reason why this error occurs. It generally occurs when the players are waiting in the lobby or trying to join the game. The main cause of this error is-
- Missing or corrupted file is the biggest reason for this error and users should check the integrity of the file before fixing it.
- Poor Internet connection is another reason why this error occurs and that’s why users should check it before moving further.
- Running an outdated app is a prime reason for this error, which needs to be updated to get rid of this error.
These are the main causes of this error. Together with this, you should also know how to fix Mangaowl to have an uninterrupted experience.
How to fix this?
To fix this error permanently, we have given some of the best fixes that you can try to get rid of it. Here we go-
1. Update Call of Duty: Warzone 2
Before moving further, users should check if there is a new update for this game. Many people got the solution by just updating the game.
In many cases, the game gets installed automatically but if you are already playing the game, it will not perform the updates. So, you need to close the app and have to check for potential updates.
For Steam Players
- First, open the Steam client on your desktop.
- Now just head to the library section.
- In that section, just right-click on the Call of Duty: Warzone 2 and tap on the update option.
- Now wait until the game gets updated completely.
For Battle.net players
- At first, users need to open the Battle.net client on their desktop.
- Once the client is open, just tap on Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
- Now tap on the gear icon next to the Play button.
- Then tap on Check for updates to proceed.
- If there is any update, it will be installed, now just launch the app and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
2. Verify the integrity of Game Files
If the first method doesn’t seems effective, you can try this method by verifying the integrity of gaming files. Let us know how to do it.
- Open the steam client on your desktop and tap on Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
- Then right-click on it and tap on the properties option.
- You will find the Local tab option, tap on it and tap on verify the integrity of gaming files.
- Now steam will verify the file and will ensure that they are not corrupt and don’t interrupt the process.
- First of all, open the Battle.net client on your desktop.
- Now tap on the Call of Duty-Warzone 2.
- Then tap on the gear icon next to the Play button and tap on Scan and Repair option.
- Now the scanning will start and you need to wait till it gets completed
That’s all, by just following the steps, you can verify the integrity of the files. Although people also want to know why YouTube keeps switching to light mode, you should know the answer.
3. Update the drivers
Updating the drivers can also be the solution to the issue you are facing. If you are running some outdated or buggy drivers then you may face such issues.
You just need to update them to the latest version. The best way to update the drivers is to take the help of automatic driver updater software.
Well, there is a lot of software available in the market, you can choose any one of them. DriverFix is one of the most popular software, which can easily find outdated or missing drivers, it will also update them effectively without any hassles.
4. Run the game using DirectX 11
Another fix that you can try is to run the game using DirectX 11. If you don’t know how to do it, then just follow the steps we have given below.
For Steam Players
- First, just open the game and right-click on it to open the properties.
- Now in the general option, you will see the Launch option.
- Add this command -d3d11
- Now just close down the game properties and it is done.
For Battle.net Players
- Here, you need to open the game, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.
- Then just tap on the gear icon next to the Play button.
- Now tap on the Game Settings option and proceed further.
- There, you have to tick on the Additional Command Line Argument option and type -d3d11.
- Then just tap on Done.
Q1. Why does Call of Duty keep giving me a dev error?
Ans. Call of Duty keeps you giving this error because you are using old or corrupted files and you need to repair them to get permanently rid of this error.
Q2. Why is Modern Warfare 2 not working?
Ans. Modern Welfare 2 not works if all the updates are not installed. You need to confirm whether all the updates are downloaded and installed before booting them up.
Q3. What Nvidia driver do I need for MW2?
Ans. The best NVIDIA Driver version for MW2 will be 526.86 while the AMD-recommended driver version for this game is 22.9.