There are some bloggers who need a subdomain to be hosted in blogger blogspot blog. After purchasing the hosting plan there are options to create and manage sub-domains but it’s not an easy task to point the sub domain to the blogger blogspot domain, but no need to worry our tutorial is here, continue reading on to know how to point out your sub domain to the blogger blog spot domain and what is the need of pointing or mapping the sub domain to the blogger blogspot domain. Here are the complete details.
Why Need a Sub Domain?
To maintain a separate department of any work you need a sub-domain, as an example if I wanted to make a separate department for Mobiles in my blog than I will use the sub domain as ‘mobile.pctricksclub.net’. This will be totally different from your root domain. And no need to worry about Google! Google treats your sub domain as same as root domain.
You can create sub domain on almost all hosting service providers like GoDaddy, BigRock, Hostgator, BlueHost, IntelServer, Kinsta etc.
Why Point Sub Domain to Blogger?
After you have purchased the hosting plan for your WordPress blog, according to the plan you will get the sub domains, the best advantage for mapping your domain to the blogger that the blogger Blogspot blog can handle unlimited traffic because it is hosted on the cloud. So we can take advantage of this and if the root domain is hosted on WordPress than for unlimited handling of traffic we can use blogger Blogspot in subdomain.
How To Point Sub Domain To Blogger?
There are so many methods to point your subdomain to the blogger, but I will tell you the easiest and simplest method to point your subdomain to the Blogger Blogspot blog. Just follow the steps.
- Do not create a subdomain in Hosting because if you create subdomain than you can’t point it to blogger because it’s automatically pointed to your hosting’s account.
- Go to blogger and enter the subdomain and after you enter the subdomain you will get some values as seen in the below image.
- Note down all these values 1,2 and 3,4 which are called as CNAMES.
- Create a Cloudfare account, if you are a WordPress blog user than it is highly recommended for you to create Cloudfare account. This will boost up your blog’s speed. Just go to Cloudfare.com and signup and update cloudfare’s nameserver’s in the domain registrar.
- If you have any difficulty to create Cloudfare account, contact me I will assist you with images.
- Go to your Cloudflare account and go to the ‘Add CNAMES’ .
- Enter 1,2 values in 1st CNAME.
- Enter 2,3 values in 2nd CNAME.
- That’s it! Your subdomain is created successfully! It may take 24 hours to update. So be patient.
Final Words and Conclusion:
This process is very simple if you are familiar with Cloudfare, you just need to enter Blogger blog spots blog CNAME’s to the Cloudfare account. And your cloud fare account already points to your domain. Read More Medium: Black Friday Web Hosting Deals