What is mindspark ?
Mindspark interactive network inc has developed many toolbars for Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. Our research has proved that “mindspark toolbar” get’s installed on user computer by some adware, virus, freeware, ads and many other programs with users permission, That is why we have categorized mindspark as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). In this article I’m going to show you a complete step by step mindspark toolbar removal tutorial ( mindspark toolbar virus removal tutorial ), to help you remove mindspark malware / virus from your Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer as well as other Uninstall mindspark PUP or other unwanted programs which cause mindspark virus / malware to install on your computer or browser.
How to Uninstall/Remove Mindspark Toolbar (PUP) and other viruses ?
You can follow below step by step guide to uninstall mindspark toolbar from your computer completely.
1. Create a Restore point.
Before starting to make changes on your computer or Scanning with any tool, make sure to create a system restore point. System restore point will help you to restore your computer later if you or any of your tool delete any system file during the process. Below article Will help you to create a system restore point.
2. Remove Unwanted Programs.
After Creating restore point, Now comes the first step to remove any unwanted program. If you want to remove mindspark malware, you need to remove unwanted programs in the first step. Unwanted programs are generally installed by some freewares, or maybe you were tricked to install them by any fake popup or mindspark toolbar virus. Follow below steps to remove any unwanted program from your computer.
- Click on Windows Button on your computer and search for program and features inside the search box and open Program and features.
- Now a new Window will appear on your screen containing all the programs installed on your computer.
- Look all of your installed programs closely and spot any program which you feel is not installed by you. Highlight the unwanted program and click Uninstall/Change (You can also search on google about these programs to know more about them, It will help you to know and remove unwanted programs more effectively).
3. Reset your Browsers
Believe me uninstalling unwanted programs are not enough to remove mindspark malware, Because it may have changed your proxy settings, changed your browser homepage, default search engine, homepage as well as have made changes in your browser settings. So you need to reset your browsers to reset any changes made by those viruses.
4. Remove Mindspark toolbar virus and other unwanted toolbars and Extensions.
During Browser reset, All your Unwanted Extensions will be Disabled by default, But if you want to make sure that they are completly removed from your system you can remove them manually.
– Open Below ↓ link to know how to uninstall/remove mindspark from firefox.
– Open Below ↓ link to know how to remove mindspark from chrome.
– Open below link ↓ to know how to uninstall mindspark add-ons from IE.
5. Change Browser Homepage.
Resetting your browser will roll back your browser settings but it will not change your homepage and default search engine. Viruses may have changed your default homepage to their homepage. If your homepage is other then google, yahoo, bing or duckduckgo, then change it right now to any of these.
6. Change Default Search Engine.
As i told you above, Resetting your browser will reset settings of your browser but not Default Search engine. Viruses may have changed your browser Default Search Engine to their one. your default search engine must be Google, yahoo, bing or duckduckgo. Read below article to change your homepage.
7. Scan System with Malwarebytes.
After uninstalling Unwanted programs, still there will be some Unwanted programs, viruses, and Malware’s hiding your computer. You need to scan your Computer with malwarebytes to remove these leftover programs. Click Below link to read how to scan your system with malwarebytes.
8. Scan System with AdwCleaner.
After removing Malware’s, viruses and Unwanted programs you have removed almost 80% of viruses from your computer, But it’s not enough to remove mindspark virus. Now comes the turn of Ad-wares, they are something different from unwanted programs and Malware’s, because they are difficult to spot. you Can use AdwCleaner to remove them, just open below link to know how to use AdwCleaner to remove Adwares.