Walk your way to a healthy life! Walking is an enormously positive activity and can influence your life in many positive ways. The list of benefits you can reap from walking is definitely impressive. Walking is your main form of exercise (as it is for about 40 percent of Americans). You walk most days of the week, typically following a set route and going fast enough to get your heart rate up and keep it there for 30 minutes.
Walking is simple, free and one of the easiest ways to get more active, lose weight and become healthier. Regular walking has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, stroke and some cancers.
Consider the following for Walk your way to a healthy life!
- Together with a healthy diet, walking can be instrumental in helping you lose weight. A 45-minute walk every other day for a year can burn 8 pounds of fat.
- Walking reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Walking is the perfect exercise for promoting a healthy back.
- Walking boosts the defence system.
- Mild exercise such as walking after eating moves food through the stomach more quickly, helping to relieve minor indigestion.
- It helps increase the strength and efficiency of your heart and muscles.
- Walking reduces hypertension (high blood pressure) and aids diabetics.
- Walking, like any other exercise, promotes better sleep.
- Walking, like other exercises, increases both energy level and stamina. Overall strength, flexibility, and balance are also improved.
- In one study, women who listened to music while walking lost more weight and body fat and were more likely to stick to their routines than those who did not, according to researchers at Fairleigh Dickinson University, in Teaneck, New Jersey.
Thanks for reading my article on Walk your way to a healthy life! Pardon any omission.