The Internet has become an integral aspect of our lives without which no movement can be made in this world. With the world becoming data-economic, what one has to do is utilize the element to yield a worthy result.
However, the only thing that can stop you from achieving your task online is the lack of speed of the internet. The high-speed internet has become the essential heartbeat of any household because it connects us to the rest of the world.
Moreover, with every commercial outlet promising fast internet, getting a task done has become faster as well. But what do we understand by the notion of “fast internet”?
According to the networking company Cisco, there will be up to 13.6 connected devices for each person in the US alone by 2023. With such a promising outlook, communication is changing more. Today we will share our take on internet speeds so that you can know better.
Well, dial-up did not disappear in the 90s with the disappearance of car phones and keepers. It is still a common installation on the internet for many businesses and rural homes. However, its application is very limited.
The speed of the dial-up is restricted to generate 56 kilobits per second. Moreover, it can take hours to download files so one can understand that it is too slow to be even called broadband.
But what does broadband signify? Well, if we take the definition written in the FCC broadband speed guide into account, it says that high-speed internet access should be a minimum of up to 25 Mbps/3 Mbps upload speed.
Satellite technology is one of the options for broadband internet access. Although it is applicable only in remote areas. It is very slow compared to other outputs.
Due to technological advances, the speed of the internet has increased as well. Even some satellite services are now available at broadband speeds as well. Although due to the lag and latency issues, the internet service may become difficult as well.
Two other services that many providers deliver their clients with for the sake of high speed are digital subscriber lines and cable. The DSL tends to use existing coaxial copper technology and is modem so that it can provide a broadband connection.
However, the speed of the internet will have distinctively on the service provider, equipment used, and the quality of the phone lines that will lead to your commercial and residential business.
Cable connections also provide high-speed internet services with fast download speeds. However, they may not always provide the upload speed of the fiber optic connections.
Between the DSL, cable, and fiber as well as fiber-optic internet speeds, the latest one is the fastest available today. Many independent websites will help consumers find and compare their internet services.
Such services that you can follow are Fios Gigabit Connection that delivers blazing fast, and ultra-reliable speeds of up to 940/880 Mbps. Unlike other providers that will only give partial fiber or copper/fiber hybrid networks, the Verizon Fios stands on top with a 100% fiber-optic network.
The list of internet connection speeds by country will provide you with how fast the services are in each place. However, it is worth noting the contemporary network has taken a high note because of the introduction of the 5G networks.
The 5G network is currently 25 times faster than today’s 4G networks. Moreover, the creators claim that it will revolutionize the way people connect with others commercially and personally as it will give unprecedented speed with bandwidth.
- Using Google Speed Test page:
- First, you need to go to the Google search page in your web browser or just open the google page.
- Type “internet speed test” into the search field and launch it.
- The result will generate a window at the top of the search result. It can be done on computers, phones, and any smart device.
- The method will use Google’s built-in internet testing tool.
- Now, you have to click on “Run Speed Test” situated right at the corner of the “Internet speed test” panel.
- You will be given the result after some time. You have to review them by analyzing the three aspects of your internet speed. That is the MBPS download, MBPS upload, latency.
- Switch to the wired connection first. It will help boost the internet performance speed.
- Now, restart your wifi access point. All the devices that can access the wifi may have to be restarted to fix the performance issue.
- Now you have to connect to another network to check if the problem is a network or just the device. Now, you can connect to another network to check the internet speed.
- After that, run a malware scan on your device.
- Use advanced software:
You can also choose to analyze the internet speed through advanced software such as Speed Check. Such software holds the power to analyze the internet speed and do more than just that. Moreover, the application is efficient and looks forward to maintaining your privacy through a lenient and strong performance ability.
Without the internet, it has become almost tough to get tasks done. However, it is the speed of the internet upon which the effectiveness of the task depends. So, make sure that you choose the best of the products and perform the speed test now and then to keep it up to par.