PPE stands for personal protective equipment, and it includes everything from helmets and other protective gear for builders to masks and gloves used in the medical fields. AS we all know, Asian markets, especially China, oversee the production of the PPE equipment in bulk and then shipping it out to the rest of the world.
The widespread use of these PPE elements is stretching the Asian markets, and that is why it will reach a profitable turn sooner than later. According to research, it is found that the PPE market in Asia will cross over 5 billion USD by the end of the year 2027.
Covid-19 Pandemic did have a sustaining effect over the PPE market because every healthcare worker who is going into the abyss and is to deal with the Pandemic on the front lines should have all the protective equipment they can get their hands on. That is why the PPE management system for healthcare and other related fields is spewing at an exploding rate.
Reasons for mass production
The very reason why digital PPE management is taking another turn towards sustainability is increasing awareness regarding the workers’ health and safety. As industrial fatalities continue to affect people and families, such as putting workers out of a job or worse such as leading to a fatal physical injury, they can no longer be of service and perform active duty.
The least that companies and conglomerates should do is to provide their workers with all the protective gear they need to work better and be safe. Human resources management, growing economics, and the latest market trends emerging in favor of the workers are putting some intense pressure on the PPE industry.
Asia sees the best of it all. With all such developments silently taking place in the background, the PPE market will expand the business to an all-time height. The demand for PPE is rising due to the rapid urbanization taking place in less developed countries. All that construction and infrastructure built directly pressure Asia, especially China, to boost the production of PPE systems due to such growing need.
Market forecasts and projections
If you want to find the future projections and forecasts for the PPE market in Asia, then the following are some of the details that you might find interesting;
- In the year 2019, hand sanitation was a significant segment and accounted for almost 30% of the total revenue earned.
- Protective clothing, hand protective gears, and healthcare equipment’s demand are at an all-time high, and due to this very reason, the market might grow 10.2% in the future with more profits and orders to develop such equipment coming in their way.
- Thailand is doing the best among the rest of the Asian producers when producing PPE equipment for the oil and gas, refining, metal manufacturing, and the automotive industry.
- Malaysian PPE market will also see positive growth in the upcoming years that has a projection of almost 8.1% due to the laws and other compliance regulations that have been instated by the Government in the country.
- The development of new and better technologies is also under consideration in the research and development segment. It will ensure that better processes and technologies are present to develop PPE products and refine the production lines to meet the current demand.
Benefits of the PPE equipment
Suppose you are a business owner working with any dedicated segments such as construction, oil and gas, and healthcare. Then it is your responsibility to provide your workers with all sorts of protective equipment so they can be safe and work on a better note at their respective roles.
Following are some of the additional benefits that you will get by providing your workers with essential PPE items;
- If your employees have access to all the protective equipment they need to work, then it will result in fewer injuries while bringing stability and performance boost to the table.
- Workplace injuries happen due to false protection practices, and in that case, you will have to provide the employees with sick leave and other benefits, but with access to PPE equipment, it won’t happen in the first place.
- To ensure that you are not breaking any laws by not providing your employees with the necessary equipment, you must have a PPE management system at your place to ensure that it never happens.
As you can see that the PPE market is growing at a steadier pace; before long, it would be targeting more immersive markets and expanding business in Asia. On the bright side, it will result in fewer workplace injuries and more stability on the whole.