After Microsoft’s upgrade from Old windows version’s to Windows 10, Many things has been changed. If we talk about How to view saved wifi password in windows 10 after update, the method has quiet been changed. With the help of our method you can even check connected wifi password in windows 10. Simply follow below steps to check your password.
Steps to check connected wifi password in windows 10.
- Right click the network icon on (toobar) the bottom right corner of your computer screen.
- Click Open network & Internet settings.
- Now click Change adapter options inside the new window.
- Right click on wi-fi and then click status button.
- Now click Wireless properties.
- Click the security tab and then check the Show character’s toggle to view your saved password.
Check connected wifi password in windows 10
That’s it, Now you can check connected wifi password under Network Security key. However this method will only work if you are trying to check connected WiFi password in windows 10 computer. if you want to check the password of a network that is not connected to your computer right now you can follow below method.
Steps to check saved wifi password in windows 10 if not connected.
To view the password of a network that was previously connected to your computer and is not connected right now, you have to use command prompt. This method is very easy, you can follow below steps to do that.
- Press Windows key on your computer and search for cmd.
- Right click on Command Prompt desktop app and click Run as administrator.
- Now, type the below command under command prompt and hit enter.
netsh wlan show profile
After hitting the enter button you will get a list of previously saved networks.
- To check the password of a specific network from above list, type the below command replacing “NETWORK” with the name of network you want to see the password to, and hit enter.
netsh wlan show profile “NETWORK” key=clear
In my case I am choosing “3idiots” to show you how it works.
- Once you hit enter you will get all the information about your network including your password, SSid and other information.
That’s it, If you still have any question’s regarding this article about How to check wifi password in windows 10, you can feel free to ask me in the comment section below.