If you are a blogger from the long time and still using a subdomain for your blogspot blogger account, then you should upgrade it to a custom domain name.You can buy a domain name from various registrar sites e.g. Godaddy, Bigrock, namecheap, hostgator etc. It’s a little complicated to add your custom domain to blogger, but if you don’t know how to add custom domain to blogger blog then you don’t need to be worry about this. In this article I’m going to tell you all the necessary detail’s you should know to add a custom domain to your blogger. You can also check my other article about how to transfer blogger to wordpress.
Also read > How to create adsense account without website
how to add custom domain to blogger
- Sign-in to your Blogger account.
- Select the blog In which you want to add your custom domain.
- In the left menu, scroll down and Click on Settings > Basic > and then Publishing.
- Under your current blogger address, click click on + Set up a third-party URL for your blog.
- Enter your custom domain URL, including the www, and then click on Save button.
- Now you will see a error with two CNAMEs.
- Now visit the website of your domain name registrar, from where you have bought your domain name and find DNS settings inside the control panel.
- Delete your existing CNAME’s records and Enter the new CNAME’s provided in the error message on your blogger and click Save button.
- Now add the below A record’s to your DNS settings. To do that enter your domain name example.com and add the below Google ip’s one by one in your A-records.
- After doing above changes, wait for few hour’s and repeat step 1 to 5 above. It will take from 1 hour to 24 to update your settings, If you didn’t see any changes even after 24 hour’s then do these steps again or contact your registrar.
That’s It, Thanks again for reading my article about how to add custom domain to blogger, You can also read my another article about top 5 Best work from home jobs. In this article if you have any question you can feel free to ask me in the comment section, I will be happy to help you.